Enable Your Business
- Assess your current Teams environment to ensure maximum functionality
- Migrate from the current Teams – Classic Stream to the new and upgraded Modern Stream
- Allow your business to take advantage of the new features and functions
- New recording storage and sharing options
- Improved information governance
- Better permissions and sharing capabilities
- Ensure your Teams Live Events files are hosted and managed in a secure and reliable environment
- Empower your business to harness the latest Modern Stream features/functions
- Provides the foundation to build a robust information management policy
- Implements current technology upgrades to ensure a productive Modern Workplace
- Recordings will be stored and shared from OneDrive, Teams and SharePoint
- Play recordings on video player embedded in OneDrive, Teams or SharePoint
- Leverage new Modern Stream model to play/edit/create video files
- Create and deliver communications and training to your employees so they can leverage the new Stream features, and understand best practices for creating and managing meeting recordings
- Create a Governance Plan for videos including meeting recordings, that incorporates information governance and external sharing
- Work with you to create a companywide video portal as per the Governance Plan and Microsoft recommendations
- Create Migration plan that is ready to implement once Microsoft releases the migration tools, and an immediate action plan for high priority materials
October 5, 2020 – Option to Opt-in Modern Stream
January 11, 2021 – All new recordings go into ODFB or SPO unless Opt-out explicitly
March 1, 2021 – No new recordings can be saved to Stream, Opt-out ends
June 2021 – Migration tool read and Video player page created
Recordings stored and shared from OneDrive, Teams and SharePoint. Regular Meeting recordings are stored in recorder’s OneDrive and Channel Meeting recordings are stored in Team SharePoint.
It is still early in development. For now you can manually download high priority videos in the existing portal and upload them into OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online.
We will work with your team to:
- Create governance plan for videos in M365 to incorporate external sharing, and Sensitivity and Retention labels for all type of videos including meeting recordings and communication plan for your users.
- Create a SharePoint Video Portal for company-wide videos using a SPO Communications site.
- Train end users how to save regular and channel meeting recordings to OneDrive and Teams/SharePoint.
- Best practices around holding meetings and managing recordings.
- Create a migration plan for existing videos into SharePoint and OneDrive locations so when the migration tools are released, the migration can be managed by IT.