Managed Infrastructure Services
Enabling you to focus on your business.
Every company is a tech company.
While you focus on the tech that builds your business, we’ll take care of the rest. As a full-service managed services provider, we deliver secure, out-of-the-box three-tiered offerings for any environment.
At a Glance:
- Cloud Managed Services - As a world-renowned managed services provider, we help optimize your cloud spend and stay ahead of advances in the public cloud.
- On-Premises Data Center - With over 40,000 critical endpoints managed, our Security Operations Center (SOC) and partnerships enable you to focus on your business.
- Governance and Infrastructure Optimization - Your customized IT posture, on premise technology stack, and operational cost model enables technology to drive your business forward.
- Hybrid and Multi-Cloud Managed Services - We have decades of experience in multi and hybrid cloud environments, and the insights to optimize your technology stack.
How Managed Services works for you:
- Monitors and reacts to your cloud capacity and storage needs, so you can be proactive instead of reactive.
- Puts your cloud management in the hands of credentialed professionals, taking cumbersome responsibilities off your plate.
- Prepares your business for an evolving world, with the ability to be nimble and quick-moving.
We perform up/down device monitoring, asset management for in-scope monitored devices, and escalation for your IT. You perform all day-to-day management of services.
We co-manage with you, acting as an extension to your IT team to assist with issues. Our Network Operations Center (NOC) does infrastructure monitoring, alerting, first attempt at resolution through our standard deployed tools’ functionality, and escalation to your IT or Tier-1 escalations to your Internet Service Provider(s).
We perform monitoring and alert escalations and other managed services activities such as break/fix, maintenance patching, and performance/capacity tuning. Services also include asset, incident, change, problem, knowledge, and major incident management.