After years of research and development, brother inventors Michael and Ben Dumbowsky of Nexii Building Solutions realized a proprietary invention that would change the future of construction. Nexiite is a high-performance building material that enables Nexii Panels to be strong, lightweight, low-carbon, and fire and water resistant. It has an ultra-efficient manufacturing process, rapid on-site assembly, and a zero-waste mandate.
Nexii has a rapid growth strategy and recently achieved ‘unicorn status’. When we began work, the company had just acquired a competitor, which led to the need to combine the two companies’ data into a comprehensive data platform. Nexii didn’t have the in-house expertise to support the implementation of Microsoft D365 and needed a quick-to-market solution to meet their aggressive timelines.
- We started with a whiteboarding session to identify the business’s immediate and future-state requirements
- Next, we collaborated with the client to design a forward-thinking solution that fit their need to synthesize data rapidly
- We made recommendations on technologies to the senior leadership at Nexii and educated them on what was driving our choices
- We delivered quickly by using Azure DevOps to support an agile approach and Microsoft best practices to support the solution design, from business lineage to technical lineage
- Technologies used included: Azure DevOps, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Key Vault, Power BI
- By collaborating with the client, we were able to link key business requirements to all aspects of the final solution
- Our work increased client productivity by automating deployment into multiple environments
- The solution supports sustainable building and future growth, with valuable improvements in time-to-market performance