For a Houston based oil and gas company, moving their email to the cloud required a trusted partner –
Long View Systems
According to a 2016 survey, 90% of companies worldwide, at the time were still using on-premise email. Despite the benefits of moving to the public cloud, there
has been little progress since that original survey, as 87% of organizations continue to manage their email through either an on-premise or hybrid managed service.
With a Houston based oil and gas company, the belief that they would lose ownership or control of their data was the reason for their apprehension of moving
their email to the public cloud.
To address these as well as other concerns, the company turned to a trusted partner - Long View, to help them navigate the uncertainty and map out a strategy
to enable them to store data in the public cloud while still maintaining full privacy. Utilizing a proof of concept approach in which there was an incremental transition,
Long View managed the company’s entire move from their on-premise Exchange email infrastructure to Exchange Online hosted in the Microsoft cloud. By replacing
the existing MessageLabs with Proofpoint for spam, anti-virus, email archiving and eDiscovery capabilities, the company’s move to the public cloud was securely
complete within five (5) months.
Trust in the Long View relationship, expertise, and outcome was the key to company’s successful public cloud email strategy.
- An apprehension in making a move to the public cloud based on the belief that the company would lose ownership or control of their data.
- Confidence that in making the transition from a data center approach to store data in the public cloud, the company’s information would still be private to them.
- Microsoft Exchange Online enabled the transition from the data center approach to store data in the public cloud while maintaining full privacy.
- Implemented Proofpoint for spam, anti-virus, email archiving and eDiscovery capabilities.
- Business continuity, accessible anywhere in the world.
- Remote field workers have reliable and secure access.
- Successful transition to a Modern Workplace.
- With a Cloud Service Provider (CSP) model, the consumption is easy to add and easy to take away which, for an industry sector in which there are more “ups and downs,” provides much needed flexibility.