As a company whose passion is to help solve
their clients’ most critical issues, it was natural
for this global energy industry company
to turn to their trusted partner Long View
Systems as their Managed Service Provider
Over the past century, this global energy industry company’s name has become synonymous with a commitment to quality and an unwavering commitment to
innovate. Of course, to get to this high level of continuously pushing the envelope to achieve more, and deliver greater value to clients, takes more than desire
alone, it takes courageous leadership to look beyond what is and embrace what is possible.
Like many companies, the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on its dedicated employees was profound. Facing the daunting challenge of their IT team being overwhelmed by increasing demands and limited resources, the management team displayed the same courage that has become the company’s hallmark to take decisive action.
Long View’s Journey to 100 years reflects this same level of commitment to understand and solve their clients’ biggest challenges through innovative thinking and leading-edge solutions. For this reason and based on an already strong 10-year relationship, the client turned to their trusted partner Long View to become their outsourced Managed Service Provider (MSP).
Long View’s first step in addressing the immediate challenge was to assess and then refresh the client’s IT requirements to right-size their data center. In doing so,
they reduced the client’s IT budget significantly without a degradation in service performance and reliability.
In addition to “right-sizing” their current IT infrastructure and support capabilities to meet present needs, Long View’s solution approach ensures that the client has
the agility to adapt to changing market realities in the future seamlessly. Beyond addressing their real-time computing needs through optimal IT budget utilization
today, they also have continuing alignment with their unique strategic growth arc by only paying for what they are using, whether contracting or expanding.
Ultimately the foundation for success was and continues to be the partners’ shared vision and values, enabling their teams to effectively work together during one of
the most challenging times in the client company’s long and proud history.
Partnering for success today and proactively planning for tomorrow is what taking the Long View is all about.
- The COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the client’s industry and business, resulting in a significant reduction in staff and resources.
- Their current solution was not dynamic enough to allow for the changes in scale that would directly affect the businesses’ financial goals or truly realize the benefit of a consumption-based delivery model.
- Facing the fact that their internal IT team was getting overwhelmed, the client had to choose; restaff and change or look or pursue a managed services option.
- Long View’s first step in addressing the challenge was to assess and then refresh the client’s IT requirements to right-size their data center.
- The next step was to replace a “cloud” solution model to access the virtualization hosts in the then provider’s data center.
- Once the client decided to move from their current data center host service, all Long View hands were on deck. Everyone from every service area within the organization helped streamline the onboarding project based on the Long View team’s experience and expertise.
- Starting the project in November, going live in December, and completing the move from the old provider’s data center by January – Long View worked with the client’s IT team to complete the entire transition in three months.
- Long View implemented its One Cloud solution.
- In addition to “right-sizing” their current IT infrastructure and support capabilities to meet present needs, Long View’s solution approach ensures that the client has the agility to adapt to changing market realities in the future seamlessly.
- Long View reduced the client’s IT budget by $130K without a degradation in-service performance and reliability.