On January 15th, Microsoft made the much-anticipated announcement that they are expanding availability of Copilot for Microsoft 365, making this product accessible to a wider range of customers.
The announcement Microsoft shared includes the following updates:
- Copilot for Microsoft 365 is now generally available for small businesses. Customers who are licensed for either Microsoft 365 Business Premium or Business Standard can add on between 1 and 299 seats for $30 USD per person per month, with an annual commitment required.
- Microsoft is also removing the 300-seat purchase minimum for commercial plans (which has been in place since the original November 1st release date for EA customers). Copilot will also now be made available for users who are licensed for Office 365 E3 and E5 (A full Microsoft 365 E3 or E5 was the previous prerequisite license).
- Office 365 E3 and E5 licenses will include Semantic Index for Copilot. Semantic Index for Copilot is critical to getting relevant, actionable responses to prompts in Microsoft 365 Copilot.
- Copilot for Microsoft 365 is going to be made available for purchase through the CSP channel as of January 16th, 2024. This will also be priced at $30 USD per person per month and require an annual commitment.
- Last month, it was announced that Copilot for Microsoft 365 was going to be released to education customers with a Microsoft 365 A3 or A5 faculty license. This has now been expanded to include Office 365 A3 or A5 faculty with no seat minimum. Please note that education licenses for this product are not yet available in CSP, but more updates are to follow.
- Today Microsoft also has released a brand-new version into the product line up – Copilot Pro, intended for individuals.
Copilot Pro provides users with:
- A single AI experience that runs across your devices, understanding your context on the web, on your PC, across your apps and soon on your phone to bring the right skills to you when you need them.
- Access to Copilot in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote on PC, Mac and iPad for Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscribers.
- Priority access to the very latest models – starting today with OpenAI’s GPT-4 Turbo. With Copilot Pro you’ll have access to GPT-4 Turbo during peak times for faster performance and, coming soon, the ability to toggle between models to optimize your experience how you choose.
- Enhanced AI image creation with Image Creator from Designer (formerly Bing Image Creator) – ensuring it’s faster with 100 boosts per day while bringing you more detailed image quality as well as landscape image format.
- The ability to build your own Copilot GPT – a customized Copilot tailored for a specific topic – in our new Copilot GPT Builder (coming soon) with just a simple set of prompts.
Long View will continue to update our customers as more information becomes available. Please reach out to your Account Manager or Licensing Specialist if you are ready to discover how Copilot can benefit you and your organization!
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates.