When it came to protecting its data, a major Canadian airline turned to Long View Systems to secure all points of entry and establish a new and reliable route to a better and safer place
The largest Canadian airline in the country (by both fleet size and passengers carried) depends heavily on the data it captures to manage travel to all points of destinations globally reliably and securely.
Securing its data lake is both critical and challenging, as the protection options available in an enterprise or relational database management system is not available for a storage repository holding a vast amount of raw data. To secure the data, holistic knowledge of how it is being used, including planned applications requires a solid data governance model with equally specific levels of security and access control.
To address this pressing requirement this major airline turned to Long View Systems to perform a security assessment for their Data Lake, Azure environment, and Cloud Security resulting in the establishment of a data governance standard which extends across their entire I/T organization.
- Many of the protections available with an enterprise database or relational database management system are not available with a data lake
- Data is not usually managed and is available to anyone across the enterprise
- Beyond security, ensuring regulatory compliance is critical
- Structuring an effective governance model that takes into account user requirements and access
Performed a security assessment
- Established data governance standards
- Scalable expansion of governance standards and controls across the entire IT organization