Ask an Expert: Enabling & Securing A Remote Workforce
Working Remotely During The Crisis
An office isn’t only a place on the map. It is where people come together to share ideas and make their business vision a reality. Whether in the same place physically or virtually connected, we are entering a new era in business where it is essential that employees can communicate and collaborate at any time from anywhere – quickly, conveniently, and securely.
Before the current world situation, reports indicate that 30% of companies were developing a strategy and training plan to enable employees to work from home. Post-crisis, this rate of adoption will likely accelerate and in the process forever transform our traditional working environments. From an organization standpoint, are you ready for this new reality of working remotely?
As an expert and leading authority in the field of workplace transformation, Long View will help you to design, implement and secure the right remote workforce solution to empower your employees and deliver maximum results.
People you can count on – Service you can depend on – Technology that delivers
- “We’re the first” in the industry to secure the O365 environment with our User Shield service.
- We understand that security is on everyone’s mind now more than ever.
- We’re committed to securing your business.
- Working remotely is now and in the foreseeable future the new reality for everyone.
- You’ve depended on Long View to secure your at-work office, you can depend on us now to secure your at-home office.
Our Prospective Clients
- In times of change knowing all your options is smart business.
- Find out why Long View is not just the preferred choice, but the best choice for designing, implementing and securing your remote working environment.
- Long View is proud to be the 2019 Microsoft Partner of the Year Winner.
- Learn more about how Microsoft’s new products can deliver the right solutions in a dynamically changing business environment.
Securing A Remote Workforce
Quick chat with Garrett Dunne, practice director of EUX and Greg Hartman, practice director of Digital Defence.
We cannot stress enough that you take these steps with your own IT staff or any service provider to ensure effective measures are deployed rapidly to minimize disruption to your business.
Our recommendation is that in order to provide an effective solution that can be deployed rapidly, clients should focus on scaling existing deployed and familiar technology to your users to minimize disruption to operations.
We have developed a straightforward guide to help with these assessments and plans: