20 Success Stories for 20 Years in Business: Cisco Edition
May 12, 2020
Case study #8
With the need to provide customers with an exceptional Wi-Fi experience on the menu, this iconic restaurant brand turned to Long View and Cisco
In 2016 an iconic brand was rapidly expanding its popular chain of restaurants across North America.
After investing in wireless technology, the chain wanted to upgrade and standardize its systems to not only seamlessly connect its locations but create a better overall customer experience in several key areas. Specifically, to turn tables around faster, submit orders more efficiently and accurately, provide quick mobile payment options all while serving an exceptional guest Wi-Fi experience for the increasing number of users simultaneously accessing their lines. To do this, they needed to add the key ingredients of security, speed, and performance. That’s when they turned to Long View Systems and Cisco.
Using their “own” special recipe for Wi-Fi success, Long View implemented Cisco’s Meraki. As the only solution on the market that provides a “unified” management of mobile devices, Macs, PCs and an entire network through a single, centralized dashboard, Meraki was the perfect choice from both an affordability and reliability standpoint.
Today, and along with serving its patrons’ incredible food fare, the restaurant is also delivering an equally delectable Wi-Fi experience reliably and consistently throughout its 68 locations across North America.
- The restaurant chain wanted to standardize their Wi-Fi infrastructure across their 68 (and growing) locations throughout North America.
- The customer wanted to leverage their Wi-Fi capabilities to; “turn” tables around faster, provide a better customer experience by getting orders submitted timely and correctly, and provide quick mobile payment options.
- With an increasing number of guests simultaneously accessing their phone lines, they wanted to eliminate line degradation to provide patrons with an exceptional guest Wi-Fi experience.
- When it came to their Wi-Fi infrastructure security, speed and performance were critical areas of importance.
- As the only solution on the market that provides a “unified” management of mobile devices, Macs, PCs and an entire network through a single, centralized dashboard, Long View implemented Cisco’s Meraki cloud-managed technology.
- An easy to deploy Wi-Fi Solution, a single technician flew to every restaurant to install the Meraki System in a matter of days to update existing locations and meet new restaurant openings.
- The implementation of a reliable Wi-Fi System that could support guest Wi-Fi, handheld ordering devices and payment terminals in a secure fashion.
- A system that is “centrally managed” with little to no downtime.
- An affordable solution scaled across 68 locations throughout North America with the ability to grow with the company.