License & Contract Management
The ever-expanding options for software applications and their compatibility requirements make managing them a daunting task. It can mean long processes that don’t deliver the expected cost savings or cause software asset records to rapidly become outdated. Software Asset Management (SAM) allows you to gain control of your software assets and successfully manage, control, and protect your software throughout its lifecycle. But on its own, SAM does not maximize software cost savings, and one-time scans do not result in up-to-date software use records.
Through our SYNC Services, Long View melds industry-recognized SAM best practices with vendor management techniques, to create cost-optimized environments for organizations across North America.
How It Works…and Why It Matters
We’ll help you implement ITIL software asset management and vendor management best practices to optimize efficiencies within your licensing and support contracts, maximize cost savings, and create a dynamic SAM environment. Here’s how:
- We gather all of your software licensing and support contracts from various data sources (including internal records and network scans) as well as vendor records of all the licenses and support you own
- We reconcile these sources into our SYNC Web Portal to establish a solid license ownership position and correct records with vendors as we discover discrepancies
- To ensure your records are up to date, we provide continuous support for managing your software licenses through our SYNC Web Portal
- We assist in negotiating and renewing your vendor contracts
- We track the status of your licenses and contracts, and provide notifications for upcoming expiries
- To create flexibility, predictability, and additional cost savings, we can also help you utilize non-standard terms and conditions that may suit your business better than boilerplate vendor terms and conditions
- Plus, if you are ever audited on your software, we are there to help
Long View SYNC Services, Step by Step
Step 1: Software Asset Management Program Kickoff
Step 2: Software Asset Management Scan & Internal Client Records Collection
Step 3: Vendor Software License & Records Request
Step 4: Data Analysis, Organization, and Consolidation
Step 5: Mid-process Meeting
Step 6: Reporting
Step 7: Ongoing Software Asset Management
See how Long View makes license and contract management easy. We go beyond SAM, to deliver maximum flexibility and cost savings to your vendor licensing and support contracts.