Senior VMware Consultant
January 15, 2018
Long View is seeking a dynamic Virtualization Consultant to join our Integrated Global Services branch in Calgary, who is passionate about providing first-rate virtual solutions to our clients by partnering their robust VMware experience with their understanding of storage and networking products and practices. In this role, you will be responsible for providing operational support to enterprise sized clients including ticket resolution, health checks, and performance monitoring of a production environment. You will be supporting, managing, and upgrading VMware infrastructure
What You Can Expect
- Great People and Culture – A practical approach to business with no bureaucracy or red tape. An environment of collaboration and support.
- Career Growth– Permanent staff positions, paid training, career life planning, and relocation and travel opportunities.
- Interesting Work –Be part of exciting projects while accessing all the latest technologies.
- Flexible Environment – A workplace that values the importance of flexibility for personal/professional growth, happiness and wellness.
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of experience providing server support in a Data Center environment
- At least 5 years of strong technical experience with vSphere, ESXi Server, vCenter, vMotion, VMware HA, VMware DRS, and VMware Consolidated Backup
- Familiarity with Nutanix technology including Prism Central, Prism Element, Nutanix Data Protection
- Familiarity with Cisco UCS
- Networking and storage experience
- Experience with optimization tools such as Platespin, Vizioncore, and Desktop Virtualization would be considered an asset
- Experience defining solution alternatives for clients
- Ability to quickly prioritize incoming tickets with minimal direction
- Willing to participate in Long View’s on-call support rotation
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) Certification is preferred
Life is too short for just any job. Get more out of life with a career at Long View!