October 31, 2017
Long View is seeking a dynamic and professional Network Engineer for our Houston office to act as a technical resource PLUS a SME! You will possess a deep understanding of data center infrastructure.
What You Can Expect
- Great People and Culture – A practical approach to business with no bureaucracy or red tape. An environment of collaboration and support.
- Career Growth – Permanent staff positions, paid training, career life planning, and relocation and travel opportunities.
- Interesting Work – Be part of exciting projects while accessing all the latest technologies.
- Flexible Environment – A workplace that values the importance of flexibility for personal/professional growth, happiness and wellness
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of experience in network infrastructure in a major corporation or service provider
- Provide Riverbed WAN optimization design/architecture expertise
- Perform configuration assurance of the Riverbed design and optimize sub-optimal configurations
- Broad and deep technical knowledge of networking and telecommunications including switching, routing, wireless, DNS/DHCP, QoS
- A good understanding of voice technologies (VOIP, UC, SIP) and security technologies (firewalls, NAC, IDS/IPS)
- A good understanding of the telecommunications market and technologies, including VSAT, Microwave, MPLS
- Extensive and relevant project management experience with a demonstrable record of successful delivery
- Ability to manage a program of multiple projects
- Strong contract negotiation and vendor management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry is preferred
- Applicable IT certifications, such as CCNA, CCNP
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline is required
Life is too short for just any job. Get more out of life with a career at Long View!