Microsoft Azure Cloud Solution Architect
September 13, 2017
Long View is seeking an outgoing, engaging and client-oriented Solution Architect for our Denver branch to serve as the subject matter expert for Microsoft Azure cloud, private and hybrid cloud! You will have a solid understanding of Microsoft Azure data center and cloud infrastructure design, architecture, technology and cloud topology. You will also have the appropriate level of network and security understanding to be able to architect overall client-level solutions drawing from the right combination of deployment models.
What You Can Expect
- Great People and Culture – A practical approach to business with no bureaucracy or red tape. An environment of collaboration and support.
- Career Growth – Permanent staff positions, paid training, career life planning, and relocation and travel opportunities.
- Interesting Work – Be part of exciting projects while accessing all the latest technologies.
- Flexible Environment – A workplace that values the importance of flexibility for personal/professional growth, happiness and wellness.
What You’ll Bring
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as a Solution Architect combined with solid experience with Cloud offerings (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Strong expertise with the Microsoft Azure discipline platform
- Proven leadership in the Azure Cloud space, including product design, pre and post sales design and delivery standards and methodology
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud services and architecture with capabilities in IaaS, cloud storage, IoT, and Storage Capabilities
- Experience in a consultancy capacity to build and develop sustainable relationships with clients and team members
- Strong understanding of data-center technology and private and public cloud industry trends
- Experience designing and planning data center relocations and migrations
- Familiarity with replication and orchestration technologies related to hybrid-cloud environments
- Ability to advise customers on co-location and hosting decisions
- Ability to train other internal team resources to increase selling capacity
- An understanding of the environment and challenges of IT operations in the typical mid-market corporation
- Strong coordination and project management skills
- Experience in building, positioning and delivering professional services at a Solution Provider/VAR
- A reputation that is well recognized within the technical community
- Ability to work in complex environments with subject matter experts and other technical disciplines
- Strong experience with various disaster recovery/business continuity solutions the application of each
- Storage, Virtualization, Application Networking and Security IT infrastructure knowledge
- Experience with ROI, TCO and cost estimate calculators
- Knowledge of toolsets appropriate for application and cloud infrastructure assessments performance, security, and capacity planning
- Experience with automation scripting using modern tools such as Chef, Puppet or appropriate
- PowerShell/MS toolset and modern development and operational methods (Agile, DevOps, etc.)
- Understanding of programming languages, such as Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, among others will also be of value
- Desire to be client-facing and engage in both pre-sales and billable activity
- Technical Bachelor of Science degree such as computer science, engineering or mathematics preferred
Life is too short for just any job. Get more out of life with a career at Long View!